Dr. Thomas Marks has been practicing as an orthopedic surgeon in our community for more than 30 years. Today, Dr. Marks is the founder and head of Rockingham Orthopaedic Associates in the Derry, New Hampshire area.
Dr. Marks has a wide area of expertise that includes:
- Hip and knee replacement
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery
- Anterior reconstruction of the shoulder and rotator cuff repair
- Knee cartilage surgery
- Fracture casting and care
- Viscosupplementation injections of hyaluronic acid, which acts as a lubricant for joints
Dr. Marks offers his patients advanced care for orthopedic injuries and degenerative conditions. For patients with knee osteoarthritis, Dr. Marks offers Conformis customized knee implants. With traditional knee replacement procedures, the surgeon selects a “one-size-fits-all” knee implant for all patients. With Conformis, the implant is customized to each patient’s unique anatomy, for a more natural-fitting knee.
Thomas Marks earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in biology from Springfield College in Springfield Massachusetts. Marks then obtained his medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School before completing an internship at Berkshire Medical Center and orthopedic program residency at University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Marks proudly serves as a team physician for Nashua North High School and Windham High School.
Professional Memberships and Hospital Privileges
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- New Hampshire Medical Society
- New Hampshire Orthopaedic Society
- New England Orthopaedic Society
Dr. Marks enjoys hospital privileges at several local hospitals, including:
- Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
- Surgery Center of Greater Nashua
- Parkland Medical Center
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Bedford Ambulatory Surgery Center